Research and Consultancy
In addition to its training programmes IDM undertakes research and consultancy. Research in the context of IDM means a creative program of systematic inquiry undertaken, and leading to publicly verifiable outcomes that are subject to peer appraisal.
To ensure the application of research outcomes, IDM is appealing to the public for sponsored research, as it endeavours to advance knowledge. As such, stakeholders may make specific requests for IDM to conduct research under the following categories: Business and Information Resources Management, Human Resources and Organisational Development, and Public Health Management. However, to complement its applied research base, IDM also promotes basic research and has a journal for publication of all research undertaken. The journal can be purchased from the Marketing office. However, to safeguard the interests of researchers and sponsors, IDM has an Intellectual Property policy which secures the interests of all parties in case of commercialization.
On the other hand, IDM views consultancy as professional services based on the institute´s existing knowledge in the areas of: Business and Information Resources Management, Human Resources and Organisational Development, and Public Health Management. Consultancy services are, therefore, available when the public seek to purchase skills and expertise from IDM staff in the areas listed above. The skills purchased may involve the development of: organizational strategy and its review, financial policies and review, purchasing procedures, archives and records procedures, inter alia.
- Strategy Management and Implementation
- Performance Management Systems
- Corporate Governance and Leadership
- Change Processes and Management
- Business Analysis and Operational Reviews
- Market Surveys
- Customer Focused Studies
- Skills Audit, Job Evaluation and Job Grading
- Organization Analysis, Design and Restructuring
- Productivity Analysis and Performance Evaluation
- Systems Reviews, Systems Analysis and Design
- Policy Analysis and Formulation
- Performance Improvement Plans based on Performance Excellence Models
- Needs Assessment and Analysis, Capacity Building and Institutional Strengthening